Mastering Your Growth Effectiveness
It is widely acknowledged that we live in a globally influenced volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous, cross-cultured and knowledge based economic context. Growth and effectiveness initiatives in organisations and institutions is undertaken through strategic alliances and reciprocal arrangements which are governed by intellectual capital (human capital, structural capital and social capital) in hybrid structures, forms by self-independent teams of knowledge workers in non-kinship relationships which are not centrally controlled. These 21st century paradigm shifts on social cultural value systems ( eg automatic/survival, tribalistic, egocentricity, conformist, manipulative, sociocentric, and existential Graves,1977) suggests for the need of a different levels of cooperation and mechanisms of coordination from those of the past.
The Mastering Your Growth and Effectiveness initiative is a Cross-Cultural Team Building Alignment & Group Development which uses Knowledge creativity, Moral Values and Cultural behaviours as instrumental values or Core Shared Values in driving growth and effectiveness achievement at triple dimensions of growth and effectiveness : ensuring the individual knowledge workers experience work meaning or meaning of work while also achieving organisation and institution’s performance, profitability, innovation, sustainability and adaptability as well as achieve the overall community social impact and well-being.
The Umoja Model® as a Core Shared Value is a Mechanism of Cooperation which use Four Knowledge, Value and Behaviour Based Principles in driving Growth and Effectiveness achievement :-
Firstly, during the knowledge sharing process for strategy, policies (legislation, regulations, standards, etc.) , projects and programme design, development and execution as well as in the knowledge sharing process for the design, development and delivery of services,products and solutions. Secondly, during the as well as in managing performance, accountability, governance, compliance and risk measures and behaviors .
The Growth Knowledge Creativity:-
- The level of growth and effectiveness achieved depends on the fairly rewards derived from the recognition of Products, services and solution which are provided and the position ranking (market share) by the community.
- The level of individuals and organisations recognitions and position ranking depends on the contribution, influence and impact of their Products, services and solution (value offerings useful value in solving existing problems) by community.
iii. Sustainable growth and effectiveness to individuals, organisations and the overall communities will be achieved only when Knowledge,skills and ideas are purified and filtered through moral values before they are made useful in creating (design, development and provision) of Products, services and solution.
- Knowledge will be valued as the basic foundations for driving growth and effectiveness to individuals, organisations and the overall communities only when is effectively used for creating (design, development and provision) of Products, services and solution.
The Growth Values:-
- The growth and effectiveness orientations by individuals and organisations is intrinsic to their Personal values and societal values
- Cultural values systems must embed moral values (ethics) and competence values (creativity) are fundamental in driving growth and effectiveness.
iii. Shared community (organisation/corporate shared values) value systems must align towards Moral values (ethics) and competence values (creativity).
- Moral values (ethics) and competence values (creativity) are the only key fundamental in driving growth and effectiveness.
The Growth Behaviors:-
- Commitment, trust, goal oriented,
- Courage, daring, energetic, tolerance , persistence, brevity, heroic,
iii. Adventuring ,Volunteering , entrepreneurship, risk taking, flexibility,
- Creativity, imaginative, thinking strategically, Innovativeness,
From a Multi-Level and Value Based Decision Making perspectives:-
- This framework draws from evolutionary leadership theory and psychology (Van Vugt, Ahuja and Price, 2010) which acknowledges on the role of Knowledge (episteme, techne, and phronesis) in creating the future (through inspiring creativity, insights, sense making, envisioning,critical thinking, intuition and strategy) during the knowledge sharing process and creation in strategy , policy, projects and programme design, development and delivery of services, products and solutions that solve existing problems (Nonaka and Takeuchi, 1995).
- This framework is both a Self-leadership and Shared -Leadership approach which seek to uncover how the existence of different social cultural value systems (Graves,1977) impacts on knowledge creation, sharing and application through immorality. As a result of having conflicting End Values and Pathway in the Mind Or Core-Value between Self and Others during growth and effectiveness achievement decision making processes, this framework suggests for refining, purifying and filtering knowledge through integrated Knowledge, Values and Cultural based maturity measures – Edger Schein call these as culture islands which signifies defined and accepted Core Shared Values.
- This framework it also acknowledges on the role of both Reciprocal Altruism concept (Trivers, 1971) and Competitive Altruism concept (Van Vugt, Ahuja and Price, 2010) in decision making which is translated as Umoja in Kiswahili. Umoja – is an African Core Shared Value (CSV) which stands for altruism –meaning “commitment to citizenship behaviours” . From the perspectives from “ effectiveness achievement” – It defines a mechanism of cooperation which uses Knowledge Creativity, Moral Values and Cultural Behaviours as instrumental values for driving growth and effectiveness achievement at triple dimensions: individuals, organisations and the overall communities social well-being.
- For more details click here